Water Damage Restoration Services in Tampa
Chances are, you found this page since you're looking for Water Damage Restoration Services in Tampa. Well... You're in luck, as DRIRITE is Tampa's best and highest rated water damage service provider that is family owned and operated and has been in business for over 40 years!
Restoration & Build-Back
You can rest easy that DRIRITE is a one-stop-shop, and we'll handle everything from the initial dry out to full build-back so you can get your property back to pre-loss condition quicker than any other water damage restoration service in Tampa. Need proof? Click the below link to see how happy our clients are.
Water Damage Emergency?
If you're in the middle of a water damage emergency, give us a call and we'll walk you through the appropriate steps and get a technician to your Tampa area home within 30 minutes.
Below we'll walk you through the steps of exactly what to do if you've had a water damage emergency and need cleanup services in Tampa.
Remember... Safety First!
The first step in any major home disaster is to remain safe. Call DRIRITE @ (813) 283-2202 and we'll have an on-call technician dispatched immediately.
- Turn off the power – water and electricity obviously do not mix. But, if turning off the power requires you to enter or stand in wet areas it is best to leave it alone until a technician arrives.
- Turn off the water - If the water is still leaking and you can turn it off, do so.
- Don't worry, we'll take care of all of the restoration work, from dryout, to build-back.
- Protect your valuables. If you have valuables that may be damaged, take full note of them so you can discuss coverages with your insurance provider.
- You can lift wood furniture off the wet carpet areas and insert tin foil under the feet to prevent staining of the carpet. Likewise, remove any area rugs that may be on wet flooring. If you can't or don't want to do this, don't fret, a DRIRITE technician will take care of everything for you.
Don't hesitate to call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We'll be happy to answer any question you may have.
Page Last Updated: 12/14/2018